Error when connecting to the new database server

The place to ask a general ClearQuest question
sana.khatib2005

Error when connecting to the new database server

Postby sana.khatib2005 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:24 am

Hi All,

We have recently moved our database from one host to the other and now i am trying to connect to the new database. However the move was not carried in CQ rather the physical database was moved and now i am trying to create a new connection through the maintenance tool.
Points to note: This is a DB2 server and the previous box had a older version of the database and the current box has a upgraded version. The drivers also have been upgraded.
I can connect to the web client and run pdsql queries as well, but when i try to connect via the maintenance tool, the system displays an error "connection to application server XXXX would exceed the installation-defined limit".

I checked the maxappl value on the database server but that seems to be set to automatic and we even tried setting it to 500 but it does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
ErrorMessage.jpg
ErrorMessage.jpg (115.85 KiB) Viewed 890 times

Pavel

Re: Error when connecting to the new database server

Postby Pavel » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:17 am

Hello,

If I am not mistaken, in addition to maxapps parameter for the database, you also need to check maxagents and numdb parameters for the DB2 database instance. If these are high enough, I would suggest to open a PMR with IBM technical support as additional data might need to be collected for the troubleshooting.

Thank you,
Pavel

Return to “General ClearQuest Questions”